Wednesday, June 03, 2009

My Prayer

I am set to fly out of Buffalo International tomorrow at 7:30 pm, headed to Iowa. My youngest son, Waylon and his family live there. Oddly enough, I'm as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, lol!

Waylon, or Wam as we've called him since he was born has two children with Cystic Fibrosis. His oldest daughter, Kassandra lives in Arizona while his youngest lives with him in Iowa. I'll meet my grandson, Austen for the first time.

My Prayer is that all goes well. I won't be back from Iowa for two weeks. Now, here at home, where I live with my middle son, Bill, his wife, Halena and my two grandkids, Lil Bill and Samantha things are a bit jumbled and now's not exactly a great time to be leaving. Halena is due to have their 3rd child on July 7th but will be having a C-Section scheduled for July 1st. Again, I pray that she does not go into labor early as I am needed here to help with the children while she goes into the hospital.

This Grandma business is not easy, ya know. I do feel needed right here at home. I am the one who watches over the kids while they work and sleep, I cook and clean, you know like Grandma's do. My concern of course, is that I will come home to emaciated grandkids as my daughter-in-law admittedly can not really cook. God knows what they did before I got here other than eat garbagy stuff.

Laughingly, I will pray that my son and his children will not waste away to nothing before I get back.Yes, we all have our strong suits and cooking is not Halena's. She's an award winning CNA, good with her patients, patient with her patients at an area Nursing Home, more patient than I might be. Aw, patience with the patients.Now, ain't that cute?

Back on the subject, it does baffle me how a person never learns to cook or do dishes right. I guess it goes back to how a person is raised, right? But she will serve strange things, as she did the other night. On a night, a rare one but a night when I was so sick I couldn't lift my head off the pillow,
well, this was the menu; Instant mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and left over chicken flavor rice vermacelli.
God help us all!


So....my prayer is that all will be well on the Eastern Front as I am gone to the Midwest for those two weeks. Yes, I am nervous about leaving, flying, a new baby, leaving at this crucial time, etc., etc.

If you might read this, I ask that you bow your head and say a prayer that it all goes off without a hitch, that my poor grandbabies will not starve in the midst of my absense, that this new baby might wait to be born till I get back and everything just falls into place.

I might add that I happen to notice that although I don't have a diddley dime, last summer I traveled to Arizona for a week, stayed at a nice Hotel, met my two granddaughters, one for the first time, one in too many years that brought about tears of joy and now this summer, I'll get to meet my other grandbabies. God is good, NO, He's terrific. And I am so very grateful! Amen Brother!!

No comments: