Thursday, May 21, 2009

Blind Faith


It's cloudy, raining only on me, isn't it? Yes, that's often how I feel...

I often feel as if I'm walking, stumbling through this life, stumbling, fumbling in the dark. I see the Light off in the distance. I desire that Light, of course, I mean, after all, who really wants to sit, walk, talk or stumble in the dark.


That "Light" of course, is the Light of The Father and I crave it, desire it most, need it, want it, have to have it. But more often than not, I find myself in the dark, sometimes accepting it as if I don't see an answer. The Answer is in The Word, the answer is the Word and yet I still stumble.

It's an awareness of this darkness, that foreboding emptiness that is the darkness, that I suppose is a step in the right direction. And I assume as I write this, as always it serves as a reminder to me to continue to seek The Light.

For the Light is in The Word!


I like to call it my "Blind Faith." Now, some may say that is not a welcome term for me to use, yet it is what it is to me. In it's reference, along with my prior words are what I am, what I do, what I must have. For me, it's a way of life because I now realize that the Light that I search for is as close as closing my eyes, reaching out my hand and walking with the Lord. He never let go of my hand, it was me that let go at various intervals in my life.Thus, once again, I was projected in to and of the darkness.

It was my Mother that told me of how I had let go of Jesus's hand, not the other way around. I cried out in my misery and my Mother reminded me to grab hold of His hand and to not let go. She is and was right and I can now see this.


Hold To Jesus's Hand



When the way gets weary
You feel all alone
Hold the hand of Jesus
Your troubles will be gone
When tears fill your eyes
You cry in despair
Hold the hand of Jesus
He will be there

**************

When there's a test at school
You've studied all you can
Bow you head in prayer
Hold on to Jesus's hand
When a friend has betrayed you
You feel hurt and cast away
Hold on Jesus's hand
He will gently pave the way

**************

When trials and temptations
Seem more than you can bear
Hold on to Jesus's hand
He will lift your every care
When your cross gets heavy
And the way seems so long
Hold tight to Jesus's hand
His strength will make you strong

(C) Linda Hill

Revised Repost


No comments: