Friday, November 09, 2007

My Prayer

I am certain I am under attack by Satan but he will not win. I am the daughter of God and he will not allow it.

Yes, I realize that Satan would love nothing better than to destroy me and if nothing else, make me believe my sin is so great that God looks upon me in loathe and disgust. He wants me to run from God, run far in all my shame. I know because I'd done it in the past. I ran so far, so fast till I was ready to kill myself. But before that could happen, I cried out, one last time for God to help me. It was a soulful cry, from the deepest region of my being and God knew I meant it.

That was 9 years ago and once again, Satan is trying to steal my thunder. He attacks me from every angle and does his damnedest to make me so ashamed. But I remind myself that Christ died for my sins, the ultimate sacrifice. And it wasn't just for everybody else but for me too.

The difference now, is that I can be grateful for this piece of wisdom. I can be grateful that the King of Kings, yes, my Lord, loves me and forgives me. I thank you sweet, sweet Jesus for your sacrifice. I ask for the joy back. I ask for your protection. I ask that you place your Angels around me and mine. I ask that you guide us, me, my children and their children and wives, the mother of their children. Allow this family to heal and know joy, the joy that can only be found, in your light. Amen

2 comments:

THE KING'S SHEPHERD said...

Father God, I agree with this prayer in Jesus' name.

Babz said...

Lori, thank you, where two or more are gathered, right?