Friday, January 26, 2007

Don't Close That Door

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
There was this Hindu who saw a scorpion floundering around in the water. He decided to save it by stretching out his finger, but the scorpion stung him. The man still tried to get the scorpion out of the water, but the scorpion stung him again.

A man nearby told him to stop saving the scorpion that kept stinging him.

But the Hindu said: "It is the nature of the scorpion to sting. It is my nature to love. Why should I give up my nature to love just because it is the nature of the scorpion to sting?"

Don't give up loving.
Don't give up your goodness.
Even if people around you sting.
~~~~
Don't shut the door of your heart, especially those in addiction. Do not enable them but pray for them. Continue to plant the seeds of salvation and earnestly pray. This was done for me. My family and especially my Grandfather Bill, prayed non stop for me. It is a struggle and I am a unique plant in God's garden. But had the seeds not been sewn, especially in my childhood by Grandpa and my Mother, Batya and my Father, Angus, the field in my soul may have been devoid and HaSatan may have won. But the seeds took hold, the living Word slowly began to root and then blossom. His Spirit watered me, I was drawn to my heavenly Fathers light and the Messiah braced me to deal with life on life's terms with His love and forgiveness. I've struggled but with the Lord's love, I can weather any storm.
Keep planting those seeds, they will give you a beautiful flower.

Happy Birthday to my Mommy who must have had a green thumb!

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!!

Sounds like you have alot of people that love you ((((BIG HUGS)))

Babsbitchin said...

Miranda, they always loved me, I just closed the door on them. They in turn closed the door on me. My Grandpa always prayed for me though. This is how I know how it feels, to have those doors closed. But by the grace of God, the doors were opened and he warmed their hearts with my true intention. I will pass on the B'Day greetings to my Mom, she'll be tickled! Thanks, my friend!