Tuesday, November 07, 2006

SPIRITUAL JOURNEY

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Don't wait till the 11th hour to repent...you might die at 10:30!!!

I happen to believe that my God is a loving God. I also believe he forgives me. He created me and he knows the very nature of my being, does He not? We were given free will because he wants us to choose him and respect his law.
The difference in being religious or a Spiritual person, like myself, I believe is two-fold;
I am not perfect but realize that if I am trying, I have only to go to the Lord for forgiveness. Being Spiritual, I also realize that the guilt associated with my non-perfection, does not come from God.
I don't believe that my Lord places blame and guilt in my heart. Actually, I believe it is Satan/HaSatan that does his very best to point the finger at me. When you have a burden of guilt, it can weigh you down and break you.

I can remember a time in my life where I ran from God because I didn't feel I could measure up and be "good." I still suffer from this dilemma, as we all do but now I realize that I can choose to try to do right and respect the Law, the Laws of God. I am no longer running. I am a hopeless sinner, I stand convicted of every single crime, I've committed against my Lord. But I have only to ask forgiveness and my Lord and Savior, who died on the cross for my sins, will forgive me. He died for MY sins, not just the religious, stone throwing zealots, you know the ones that are so good at pointing out MY sin? With a true heart and true emotion, I ask for forgiveness. His divine grace and mercy is given to ME! I continually sin. Every day, in every way, I manage to pull off another bonehead sin. Christ/Yeshua died for me but that doesn't give me a license to sin and do what I want. No, in fact, it holds me accountable, doesn't it? Now, I can only try to do right, try harder and try to learn from my mistakes along the way. This is the true Spiritual Journey.
It is really important for us to realize that Satan is a liar. He will do his best to make us feel just horrible because we can't measure up. The only person to ever measure up is Christ himself and in his perfectness, he gave his very life for me. I don't deserve it but there's a fine line there that Satan uses every single gosh darn day to remind me that I am unworthy. Satan does his darnedest to really make me feel so awful, such a pile of dung and garbage. He's a tricky bugger, a counterfeit kind a guy who will cause you to ruin your life with drugs and crime, all to shut up the pain. But he also dishes out the pain and meets out the insult to injury of every day life. He doesn't want to see me happy in Christ. Oh no, he wants me for his dirty work. He had me at one point because I had a mixed up sense of religion. No more Satan. I am a daughter of God, Bat and you will not step on me, hold me down or try to kill me anymore. I'm not working for you ever again.



I just love this story. It is a re-post from last February.

I'M JUST GRATEFUL TO LEARN THIS LESSON

Dart Test...

THIS IS A POWERFUL MESSAGE. PLEASE READ ALL OF IT. I AM PASSING IT ON BECAUSE I AM CERTAINLY NOT ASHAMED TO DO SO.

In light of the many jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke, it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking...
A young lady named Sally, relates an experience she had in a seminary class, given by her teacher, Dr. Smith. She says that Dr. Smithwas known for his elaborate object lessons.One particular day, Sally walked into the seminary and knew they were in for a fun day.On the wall was a big target and on a nearby table were many darts. Dr.Smithtold the students to draw a picture of someone that they disliked or someone who had made them angry, and he would allow them to throw darts at the person's picture. Sally's friend drew a picture of who had stolen her boyfriend. Another friend drew a picture of his little brother. Sally drew a picture of a former friend, putting a great deal of detail into her drawing, even drawing pimples on the face. Sally was pleased with the overall effect she had achieved.The class lined up and began throwing darts. Some of the students threw their darts with such force that their targets were ripping apart. Sally looked forward to her turn, and was filled with disappointment when Dr. Smith, because of time limits, asked the students to return to their seats. As Sally sat thinking about how angry she was because she didn't have a chance to throw any darts at her target. Dr. Smith began removing the target from the wall.Underneath the target was a picture of Jesus. A hush fell over the room as each student viewed the mangled picture of Jesus; holes and jagged marks covered His face and His eyes were pierced. Dr.Smith said only these words... "In as much as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto Me."Matthew 25:40.No other words were necessary; the tears filled eyes of the students focused only on the picture of Christ. This is an easy test; you score 100 or zero. It's your choice!!

4 comments:

Miranda said...

That first part is so true, I wonder if ever the guilt will go away.

The second part, I can't read sorry.

Babsbitchin said...

miranda, why can't you read it? Is it the font or size or a personal issue?
Off to work, talk @ya later g_friend!

Miranda said...

:P Hey I have absolutely no personal issues. lol oOtell that to my therapist. No actually the pink is way too light.

Babsbitchin said...

miranda, try this on for size. I changed the color and made it bold. I do want you to read it as it's one of the best things I've ever read!
(((HUGZ)))