Monday, November 27, 2006

PROVERBS 18:21

I have a big mouth! Through the years, I have run my mouth, told lies, hurt feelings, spewed venom.
I do not believe we realize just how powerful our words are. I don't believe we fully understand the ability, especially as a Mother, to embrace a child or cut them to the quick. We must choose our words carefully, when dealing with our children. See, they have faith, big faith.

You tell them that God exists and loves them and that's what they believe.
You tell them that they are going to hell if they lie and that's what they believe.
Out of those two sentences, which do you want your child to embrace?
You must have the faith of a child to enter the gates of heaven, isn't that what it says? That is because, as a child we are so impressionable, so full of faith. So, mark your own words, before you say hurtful things, think first how it will STAY with that child. This is your first priority, Mothers, your first job. What will you do with the child, that God himself has entrusted you with?

Proverbs 18:21
Parallel Translations



NASB: Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. (NASB ©1995)
GWT: The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love to talk will have to eat their own words. (GOD'S WORD®)
KJV: Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
ASV: Death and life are in the power of the tongue; And they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
BBE: Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and those to whom it is dear will have its fruit for their food.
DBY: Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
JPS: Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and they that indulge it shall eat the fruit thereof.
WBS: Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit of it.
WEB: Death and life are in the power of the tongue; those who love it will eat its fruit.
YLT: Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue, And those loving it eat its fruit.

4 comments:

Staci said...

I know that i'm just a random person who has found your blog... but I want you to know that i read all of them... everyday. Not because I've nothing better to do, but rather it gives me hope and strength and reminds me that there is hope in life. I've struggled with drugs a bit too... and then i switched to alcohol. It was a bad move. But now i'm getting better. I have a wonderful boyfriend who helps me through it, but also reading about your journey helps me too. I was wanting you to know that there are people who love your work... and think its amazing. It would be fun to talk to you sometime. my email is total_kaos56@hotmail.com... keep writing!!!! :)

Babsbitchin said...

Staci, then it makes it seem naught for nothing. I appreciate your words. They, your words, actually inspire me, ya know? I really thank you for your comment and taking the time to let me know that you are there. I will email you and pray for you, too. Say one for me, ok?
Hugs!

Lil said...

If you speak to give life you will receive life and if you speak to give death you will receive death. The words make increase the faith or diminish it. The form that you explain it is very good.

Babsbitchin said...

Lil, thank you very much. You have very wise words yourself. I hope you are well and looking forward to Christmas. Do you have children and family with you? If by chance I do not hear from you,¡disfrute de la raz√≥n de la temporada, Cristo y su amor por usted, Lil!
¡Abrazos!