Tuesday, November 21, 2006

ALL OR PART???


I Corinthians 14:2-20

I received a nice comment, I think? She said that she "loved my take on religion until she read about speaking in tongues and she doesn't want anything to do with that fanatical garbage."

I understand her feelings. I've been to churches where I wanted to turn and run for higher ground. I've seen and heard a lot, in my quest for the truth, in my journey down this Spiritual path.
No, I don't walk around speaking in tongues and in fact scripture kinda frowns on that. It is a private thing, a language only God and I share.
What it all comes down to, is this? Do you believe all of the Bible or do you pick and choose? Will you only apply what you want? Do you believe that these things don't apply today? If you think like that, first, you are short changing yourself. Secondly, why bother believing anything at all? What is the point of having faith in the Words in Scripture, if it doesn't apply to today? Ask yourself this and tell me if I am wrong!

6 comments:

shane said...

you are not wrong.

Chuck said...

i have a problem (a small one) with speaking in tongues, i've seen a lot of it and the first time i witnessed it i about left the church, but like you said, do you pick and chose what to believe? sometimes i believe i do, but i try to keep an open mind, i learn someting new every day, and i hope that i'm not even close to knowing everything (even though you may think that i do). good post.

Babsbitchin said...

shane, thank you. I'm not pushing it down anyone's throat, either. But if a gift can be had, I want it for whomever.
(((HUGZ)))

Babsbitchin said...

Chuck, as I said, I think it is a private thing and unless there is an interpreter there it is not to be used, it falls upon deaf ears. I've been in prayer groups and people just started speaking in tongues and it made me very uncomfortable, an almost, "Hey, look at me," feeling. I respect your view and I am not fanatical about this. I only defend what I know happened to me and it was a wonderful experiance.
(((HUGZ)))

shane said...

there is no way i could be called fanatical. i'm way too laid back. i have seen healing and speaking in tongues. the Lord says it is, so it is. for me it's faith.

Lil said...

I have with God different experiences. The first time that I read the Bible (with faith) I understood the reality of His Words and the similarity with the present. For me, it's difficult explain to those that not had the same experience. Because I think is "cuestión de fé".