Thursday, October 19, 2006

A REAL PRAYER


This prayer was sent to me by a dear friend. It touched my heart and made me think!

Heavenly Father, Help us remember that the jerk who cut us off in traffic last night is a single mother who worked nine hours that day and is rushing home to cook dinner, help with homework, do the laundry and spend a few precious moments with her children.

Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed, disinterested young man who can't make change correctly is a worried 19-year-old college student, balancing his apprehension over final exams with his fear of not getting his student loans for next semester.

Remind us, Lord, that the scary looking bum, begging for money in the same spot every day (who really ought to get a job!) is a slave to addictions that we can only imagine in our worst nightmares.

Help us to remember that the old couple walking annoyingly slow through the store aisles and blocking our shopping progress are savoring this moment, knowing that, based on the biopsy report she got back last week, this will be the last year that they go shopping together

Heavenly Father, remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give us, the greatest gift is love. It is not enough to share that love with those we hold dear.
Open our hearts not to just those that are close to us, but to all humanity.
Let us be slow to judge and quick to forgive, show patience, empathy and love.

(Courtesy of Cat Lambe)

7 comments:

Miranda said...

Lol..oh sure delete the post that I commented on :P.

Nice Prayer, just goes to show you cant judge a book by its cover. Never know whats going on behind the closed doors.

Have a great day!

Miranda said...

Lol...Im gonna pick this one out of the three to comment on cuz the font was easier to read. Thats a very nice prayer. It really is amazing what is going on in everyones world, and in their closets. You never know

Babsbitchin said...

Miranda, sorry, I did delete your comment by accident. I noticed that the post was on here 3 x so like an idiot, I deleted the two top ones.

And my comment back to you then was this;

miranda, thanks and I agree. Every now and then, I too need to be reminded what is the reality of it all.

You say the fonts are hard to read on the other posts? Please let me know and I'll change it. Thanks g-friend!!

.Ophelia. said...

wow. very powerful. I try and think of these things.

Anonymous said...

amen....only those without sin may judge. sure ain't me.

Babsbitchin said...

ophelia, yea this stuff puts things in no uncertain terms, doesn't it. If we could read this perspective every day, we may be better people, right?

Babsbitchin said...

shane, you said it brother. Nothing is more important than that. Now if we incorporate this...