Wednesday, May 17, 2006

WANT BLESSINGS??

I made an alarming analogy in my head this morning as I thought about my son. He is 25 and has not had an easy life. He just moved from S.C. to N.Y. and does not have a job yet. He is back with old friends and I know he wants to get reaquainted with them. But he needs to get to work because I'm not in the position to take care of him. It was my brother and Mother who paid for his bus ticket to N.Y., not me. I'd give him the world if I could but would it be good for him? I began to run things through my mind about his situation and thought maybe I should send him some money to tide him over but he has not called me even to say hello, in several days. Why should I anticipate his needs when he can not even call and let me know if he is all right. Now, I have faith that he is all right but would like to hear his voice tell me he loves me and he is alright. As I thought about this, I realized that my relationship with The Heavenly Father, must be the same. He knows what I need but he wants to hear it from me and I need to go to him in prayer in the good and bad of every day. Selah

4 comments:

shane said...

for us to be like the Big Fella we need to "not remember" those things they do or not do. show him what should be done. treat him as you would be treated. i am new to this......but it is, what has occurred to me.

Babsbitchin said...

blatfest, I sent him $15, all that I had on me. But my point is that God wants to bless us but we can't assume that he will. We need to ask him for the blessings. We need to go to him for counsel and direction. Yes, of course I would treat him as I want to be treated but to grow in the Lord, I must...
1. trust in him.
2. ask and ye shall receive.
3. seek and ye shall find.
4. stay in communion with Him.
5. go to the heavenly Father with all my needs. I may not get what I want but I will get what I need.
6. ask for wisdom and direction but most of all stay in prayer throughout the day, not just when things get tough. He wants to rejoice with me when I have a good day and he wants to comfort me when I have a bad one. But my point is to pray.

shane said...

amazing. i am in awe of how He uses situations to get to me. totally what i needed to hear right now. like i said, i am new, i am learning.

Babsbitchin said...

blatfest, I learn from you, you learn from me, if we're looking and listening, right? Hope you have a warm and wonderful day!!