Friday, February 03, 2006

WORD FROM ON HIGH!!




Today is the day I take my drivers test. They took my license from me in 1998, suspended for failure to pay fines for speeding tickets and drug charges. Then I went to prison and I'm just now getting my act together. But I've not driven till recently and I feel ok except that dog gone parallel parking. So I emailed Mommy this morning and I said:
OK, today's the big driving test. I could use some extra prayer that the Angels do the parallel parking cause I've not practiced too much. Satan would like nothing more than to discredit me and keep me in a miserable position. PLease pray, thanks.
Love Always,
Barbara

Mom's email back is just awesome:

Here is the word of the day for you, and it comes straight from on High:
“I know the plans that I have for you, Barbara' declares the LORD, 'they are plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. I will give My angels charge concerning you, to guard you in all your ways. They will bear you up in their hands, that you do not strike your foot against a stone, bump another car, or hit the curb” (Jer 29:11; Psa 91:11-12).
He also said that you should laugh about the day and keep your eyes on Him. (He likes to have you look at Him because He loves you so much. I know, He told me so Himself.)
Vroom, Vroom. You go girl!
Hugs,
Mom

Just thought maybe you guys could appreciate a cool Mom that always knows what to say when you feel like you're between a rock and a hard place. I guess I didn't realize that the Rock Is God and he's got my back!

UPDATE:

I PASSED THE TEST

GOD IS GOOD, EVERY DAY ALL THE TIME!!