Sunday, December 18, 2005

CHRISTMAS...WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO ME!?

WHAT IS THIS HOLIDAY? I KNOW WHEN I WAS A CHILD ALL I UNDERSTOOD WAS SOME FAT GUY, SANTA CLAUS, WAS SUPPOSED TO SLIDE DOWN MY CHIMNEY, A MIRACLE IN ITSELF, AND BRING ME PRESENTS. THEN, I LEARNED ABOUT THE REAL MIRACLE BABY JESUS AND THE WHOLE STORY. I AM ONLY NOW GETTING PART OF THE REAL MEANING BEHIND CHRISTMAS. AND AT THE AGE OF 46, I AM NOW ALSO AWARE OF WHAT IT SHOULDN'T BE TOO. IT SHOULDN'T BE A TIME YOU GO INTO TERRIBLE DEBT TO PROVIDE VISIONS OF WORLDLY GOODNESS AS THERE IS NO SUCH THING. IT SHOULDN'T BE A TIME THAT YOU STRESS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SPEND ALOT OF MONEY TO BUY YOUR CHILDREN ALL THE THINGS THEY WANT AND THEY WILL ALWAYS WANT MORE THAN THEY SHOULD HAVE . IT SHOULDN'T BE A TIME TO KEEP UP WITH THE JONES' OR SMITH'S OR FELDSTEINS EVEN OR PUT UP THE BEST LIGHTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD, ALTHOUGH I DO ENJOY THEM. IT SHOULDN'T BE A TIME OF SUICIDE AND LONELINESS, HUNGER, PAIN OR ABANDONMENT. IT SHOULDN'T BE ABOUT PROJECTED SALES AND STEALING MONEY FROM PEOPLE IN THE NAME OF CHRISTMAS.
WHAT IT SHOULD BE IS A TIME TO CELEBRATE LOVE AND FAMILY, FORGIVENESS AND UNDERSTANDING. WHAT IS SHOULD BE IS A TIME TO INVEST IN YOUR CHILDREN'S LIVES BY TEACHING THEM TO BE GRATEFUL NOT SELFISH AND WORLDLY. IT SHOULD BE A TIME TO REACH OUT TO EVEN ONE PERSON, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW AND SAY,"I CARE," AND REALLY MEAN IT. LOVE AND CHARITY ARE ONE AND THE SAME AND THIS IS WHAT CHRISTMAS REALLY MEANS, TO GIVE FREELY FROM THE HEART YOUR LOVE, TIME AND ATTENTION. IT SHOULD NOT MEAN YOUR WALLET, MONEY AND CREDIT CARDS. I AM SO THANKFUL THAT I WOKE UP AND SAW THIS BEFORE I DIE AND LEARNED THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS AND LIFE FOR THAT MATTER: LOVE, FAMILY AND LAUGHTER. WHAT ARE YOU GRATEFUL FOR??

No comments: